Orange County Director of Social Activities
StandUp for Kids - National Office
Assists the Director of Community Resource Development in the execution of duties and
* Coordinates social events with the Directors of Outreach and Apartment Support
* Obtains passes to movies and special events
* Arranges a Thanksgiving & Christmas Dinner
* Arranges for the Christmas Party
The Assistant for Social Activities is specifically responsible for putting together a wellrounded social program for the kids, which may include, but not limited to:
Pizza Party Bowling Party Midnight Basketball
Picnic Swimming Party Movie Theater
When can kids go to socials: When they are registered with the Outreach, Apartment
Support, or the Outreach Center (ONLY) and Only when they are sober (this includes
drugs and alcohol)
How do the Kids get to the socials?
Apartment Support Counselors
Where do we find socials for the Kids?
Sponsors to put on annual events
Sponsors for picnics and etc.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
1. Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively with both the leadership
team and volunteers
2. Strong leadership ability
3. Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction
4. Superior verbal and written communication skills
5. Excellent organizational and planning skills
6. Strong sense of personal integrity
7. Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids
8. Time commitment of at least 2-3 hours per week to dedicate to fulfilling
9. At least six-months commitment to the organization
About StandUp for Kids - National Office
200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B, Decatur, GA 30030, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.