Intern - Graphic Arts
StandUp for Kids - National Office
Job Summary: Assists the Executive Director with coordination of the organization’s marketing efforts and includes creative design and implementation of collateral and marketing communications for all flyers, brochures, web graphics, facebook/twitter/instagram collateral.
Interns receive an experience that goes far beyond a traditional internship. STANDUP FOR KIDS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, founded in 1990 to help rescue homeless and at-risk youth. STANDUP FOR KIDS targets homeless and at-risk youth and young adults age 25 and younger.
- Internet Savvy
- Highly organized, detail oriented (ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities)
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of document management tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign or Photoshop)
- Self-starter approach, with ability to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility as time permits
Minimum of 10 hours per week, primarily work from home, with occasional meetings expected. The internship is offered year-round with preference given to applicants enrolled in business, marketing or related field of study. School credit is an optional possibility that can be explored.
Application must include the following:
- Cover letter including reasons for interest in this internship
- Resume summarizing education and employment experiences
- Sample of graphic design skill (School related or personal project), must include a short explanation of purpose of project and rationalization of your design
Position Type:Part Time, Intern
Desired Class Level(s):Junior, Senior
Salary Level:Unpaid Internship
Reports to: Executive Director
About StandUp for Kids - National Office
200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B, Decatur, GA 30030, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.