Grant Writer (Volunteer)
StandUp for Kids - Orange County was launched in 2003 with a single focus: to end the cycle of youth homelessness in our community. We work to provide basic needs, housing, mentoring support, care, and love to at-risk and homeless youth ages 12-24.
We are looking for a Volunteer Grant Writer to work in conjunction with the Executive Director to increase our grant writing efforts for competitive corporate, foundation and government awards. This is a great opportunity to donate time, resources, and talent to support our important mission.
As a Grant Writer, you will:
· Develop and write letters of inquiry and proposals in response to solicitations for our state and county that include but are not limited to city, state, and federal agencies as well as private foundations
· Manage full range of the grants processes with the Grants Chair including identification/qualification of opportunities, development of responses and financial reports
· Take an active role in the identification of private funders and in the research and development of grant proposals to foundations and corporations that have potential to support new and ongoing program initiatives
· Prepare customized proposals according to each foundation’s guidelines, including: program budgets, timelines, goals, objectives, outcomes, and evaluation criteria for grants with the Executive director and Grants Chair
· Assist Grants Chair with researching foundations
· Organize standard attachments including but not limited to the organization’s Board of Directors list, bylaws, 501(c)(3) letter of determination, and most recent financial audit
· Work with the Executive Director and program staff to produce funder reports in a timely and effective fashion
· Assist the Executive Director in maintaining a strong and positive relationship with current and prospective grant funders through letter, email and phone correspondence
· Work with staff to gain insight into local foundations and to gather local data/information about individual communities
· Grant writing experience preferred but not required
· Knowledge of non-profit funding sources preferred but not required
· Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to plan/manage work flow on multiple projects simultaneously, and work with limited supervision
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Proofreading skills essential
· Strong attention to detail
· Flexible and strong work ethic
· Desire to make a difference and be part of a unique not-profit organization
· Volunteer position
· Remote, with occasional in-person events and/or meetings (Covid-19 safety protocols apply)
· Minimum 5 hours per week (volunteers are responsible for tracking their hours and sending them to the Executive Director at the end of each month)
· Background check ($18 submission fee)
· StandUp for Kids volunteers’ orientation Please use this online form to apply.
StandUp for Kids has been implementing strict Covid-19 protocols to ensure a safe environment for all our staff, volunteers and the people we serve.