Director of Outreach
StandUp for Kids - National Office
DIRECTOR OF OUTREACH JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Outreach for StandUp For Kids Orange County is responsible for overseeing the Street Outreach Program to homeless youth and runaway teens in Orange County in an effort to ensure that every homeless youth in Orange County has access to services, hope and promise. The Director of Outreach reports directly to the Executive Director and supervises Outreach Team Leads and their Members.
- Provides direct supervision to all SO counselors, approving all assessments and service plans, ensuring program fidelity to best practices.
- Represents the program at various events, speaking engagements etc.
- Works closely with other community partners.
- Provides support on a host of practical program concerns (such as ensuring adherence to budget).
- Ensures that all program evaluation tools are properly implemented and that evaluation data is collected.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop the program around best practices.
- Provides coverage for on call 800#
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree. A degree in Human Services is preferred.
- An established history of working with at-risk teens/families.
- At least 3 years of experience in management
Knowledge and Abilities
Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing to a wide range of people; effective planning and organization skills; proven ability to maintain good working relationships with a variety of people and groups; ability to work effectively as a team leader and team member; strong working knowledge and skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google documents.
Submit an application, 3 forms of reference, a copy of a photo ID and an auto insurance card.
Pass a criminal background check and submit $18 for fees.
About StandUp for Kids - National Office
200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B, Decatur, GA 30030, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.