21 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: StandUp for Kids - Orange County
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
StandUp for Kids - Orange County was launched in 2003 with a single focus: to end the cycle of youth homelessness in our community. We work to provide basic needs, housing, mentoring support, care, and love to at-risk and homeless youth ages 12-24.We are looking for a Volunteer Director of Marketing to provide leadership in the planning and management of our marketing activities. The Director of Marketing will work towards our long-term strategic marketing goals and be responsible for the success of our marketing initiatives throughout the year. This is a great opportunity to donate time, resources, and talent to support our important mission.
As a Marketing Coordinator, you will work with the Development Manager to:
* Define marketing goals and strategies, with input from other members of the leadership team
* Create and maintain a marketing calendar, as well as coordinate marketing events
* Evaluate marketing effectiveness and report activities to the Executive Director every month
* Work in conjunction with HQ to optimize national marketing initiatives
* Create print materials for program use, including brochures, flyers, posters, giveaways, etc.
* Assist in creating presentations for various community groups
* Draft articles and press releases
* Lead media campaigns throughout the year and work with special events coordinators to create collateral pieces to promote events (48 Hours; Forum/Homeless Youth Month, etc)
* Manage a team of marketing volunteers (including interviews, supervision, tracking and reporting of volunteering hours)
* Ability to plan and manage work independently
* Superior verbal and written communication skills * Excellent organizational and planning skills
* Strong sense of personal integrity
* Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids
* Some knowledge of Publisher or other software programs helpful
* Marketing experience or desire to learn how to effectively market the organization and its services
* Volunteer position
* Remote, with occasional in-person events and/or meetings (Covid-19 safety protocols apply)
* Minimum 2-3 hours per week, calendared projects and/or special events may require a few more hours (volunteers are responsible for tracking their hours and sending them to the Executive Director at the end of each month)
* Monthly Team Meeting
* Background check ($18 submission fee)
* StandUp for Kids volunteers’ orientation
Please use this online form to apply. StandUp for Kids has been implementing strict Covid-19 protocols to ensure a safe environment for all our staff, volunteers and the people we serve.
About StandUp for Kids - Orange County
PO Box 14398, Irvine, CA 92623, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92626
January 31, 2024
- Youth Services
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Content Management Systems
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- See above scope
- See above description