The Director of Community Resource Development manages the effort of developing continuing support from the local community. Initially this work is encompassed by the community survey. Afterwards it falls to the Director of Community Resource Development and his or her team to ensure that data collected during the survey is updated and correct. In general, the Director of Community Resource Development has general oversight for the local chapter’s relationship with active and potential community partners providing services to runaway and homeless youth. Larger scale community education and advocacy also falls within this area, and suggests coordination with the Directors of Public Relations, Marketing and Adult Education.
o Coordinates all presentations and talks with civic groups;
o Assists ED with Administrative support when necessary;
o Interfaces with other social service providers to learn what services are available and to inform of the services offered by STANDUP FOR KIDS;
o Develops collaborative relationships with other community agencies providing services to runaway, homeless and street-dependent youth;
o Advocates on the local, regional and national level for the needs of street youth.
1. Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively with both the leadership team and
2. leadership potential
3. Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction
4. Superior verbal and written communication skills
5. Excellent organizational and planning skills
6. Strong sense of personal integrity
7. Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids
7. Time commitment of at least 5 hours per week to dedicate to fulfilling duties
8. At least six-months commitment to the organization
9. Background Check required $18.00
10. Computer Skills including email, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
11. Excellent research skills and knowledge of internet
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA92626