Become a Leadership Coach! (NYC)
5 people are interested
Braven Leadership Coaches lead teams of 5-8 diverse college students through a semester-long leadership and career course at Lehman College, CUNY. Coaches facilitate weekly experiential learning sessions (Tues or Thurs evenings), build a strong team culture, give feedback and coach students 1:1, all while sharpening their own leadership and management skills.
WHO BRAVEN IS SEEKING
Ideal coaches can have anywhere between 2-20 years of work experience and come from diverse personal, academic, and professional backgrounds. It's a great opportunity for promising, early-stage employees to practice leading diverse, millennial teams. It's also a great opportunity for more experienced employees to pay it forward in a meaningful way.
Ideal coaches have demonstrated the below skills and mindsets:
- see feedback as a gift and are eager to give and receive it
- have strong group facilitation skills, including clear and energetic communication, active listening, and powerful questioning
- lead through an asset-based lens and can build strong relationships with young people
- believe in the leadership potential of young people no matter where they’re from
- are hungry for professional development that deepens their facilitation, coaching, and management skills
- understand the power of social capital and are eager to open networks to students
Submit an application by Dec 9 at: https://join.bebraven.org/signup/new?user%5Bapplicant_type%5D=leadership_coach
171 N. Aberdeen St., Suite 400, CHICAGO, IL 60607, US
The Braven Accelerator empowers promising young people on their path to college graduation and strong first jobs, which lead to meaningful careers and lives of impact. From the Accelerator will come a generation of leaders as diverse as our future demands.
Braven empowers promising young people on their path to college graduation and strong first jobs. We believe that our next generation of leaders will emerge from everywhere, so we take a particular interest in ensuring our talent network is filled with people from underrepresented backgrounds. To do so, Braven partners with educational institutions, volunteer professionals, and employers to offer a rigorous and relevant career readiness course, that is followed by robust campus-based alumni programming. The course is targeted as a part of the sophomore or transfer junior experience.
25 BroadwayFlr 12New YorkNew York, NY 10004
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least 3 hours per week for 15 weeks (Jan 27 to May 14), including a regular 2-hour meeting Tuesday or Thursday evenings with your team of Lehman students.
- Leadership Coaches will travel to Lehman College in the Bronx.