Student Volunteer (Archives)
2 people are interested
Need service hours? Interested in archival work? Spend your spring or summer break helping the Hinsdale Historical Society!
Volunteers are needed in the archives to photograph historic homes and buildings for our database, organize donations, and help with research inquiries, as well as any other special projects with approval from the Collections Manager.
About Hinsdale Historical Society
P.O. Box 336, Hinsdale, IL 60522, US
The Hinsdale Historical Society bridges the past, present, and future by engaging the community with its history and architecture.
The Hinsdale Historical Society is an Illinois 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization founded in 1975 that relies on private donations, membership dues, grants, and fund raisers to meet its mission to bridge the past, present, and future by engaging the community with its history and architecture. The Society has preserved and is maintaining three historic properties in the Village:
- The Hinsdale History Museum, at 15 South Clay Street, is housed in an 1874 Italianate-style home complete with period furnishings depicting the lifestyle of early Hinsdaleans. Personal tours, programming, and varied exhibits educate visitors about the unique history of Hinsdale.
- Immanuel Hall, on the corner of Grant and Third Streets, is a frame church built by local German residents in 1900 that, now rehabilitated, provides the community with a unique setting to hold gatherings. The lower level is home to the Roger & Ruth Anderson Architecture Center, a community resource for local architecture which houses the Society's extensive local history archives.
- The R. Harold Zook Home and Studio, in Katherine Legge Memorial Park, is a unique cottage designed and built in 1924 by the prominent local architect R. Harold Zook. Saved from demolition, the main house awaits restoration, while the studio serves as an educational site.
The Society is governed by a Board of Trustees with active committees supported by a part-time Executive Director.
We'll work with your schedule.
Immanuel Hall302 S Grant StHinsdale, IL 60521
February 19, 2020
- Library Sciences
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Must be at least 15
- A 2-hr commitment per session.
- With the exception of photographing historical buildings, hours must be done during Archives open hours, which are Tuesdays/Wednesdays 10am-2pm