Bread Food Distribution volunteer
5 people are interested
Help us wrap and pass out bread to low income people! NorthWest Initiative (NWI) passes out bread every Thursday from 11-1. From 10-11 Volunteers will individually wrap the bread to pass out to our clients. If you like socializing with people, this is a perfect opportunity for you! Many of our clients are incredibly friendly and love talking with people. This is a simple way to help food insecure people in Lansing.
NWI is looking for regular volunteers to come help with bread distribution. Even if you can come only once a month, we would love to have you.
A short food safety training will need to occur prior to distribution.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About NorthWest Initiative
510 W. Ottawa St., 2nd Floor, Lansing, MI 48933, US
Through community engagement and mobilization, NWI advances the development of healthy, vibrant communities by building capacity to identify needs and formulate strategies to create change.
- Outreach - Our Outreach team provides a range of services, information, and referrals to individuals with a wide range of needs, including access to health care, produce, transportation, and housing.
- Emergency food distribution, held every first and third Thursday 12-2pm
- Community gardens
- Workshops and educational programs
- Free tax preparation
- Mobile Farmer's Market
- Food Systems Project - offers a school garden based nutrition education program that partners with Lansing area schools to provide quality, effective nutrition education programming for elementary aged students
- ARRO - Advocacy, Reentry, Resources, and Outreach (A.R.R.O.) aims to connect individuals who have a criminal record to quality resources in order to ensure successful community integration
We'll work with your schedule.
510 W. Ottawa St.Lansing, MI 48933
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10am-1pm, 3 hour time commitment. More if interested.