Mission at Home Support Volunteer
2 people are interested
About this Job
Mission At Home Support
Training Required: Orientation, and as needed during volunteer experience
Time and Place: Flexible time (10 or more hours per week)
- Apply research techniques and analytical methods to search for resources within the communities where Goodwill employees live.
- Responsible for project assignments, research and analysis.
- Answer and make phone calls, respond to Mission at Home related questions, and send written material as appropriate.
- Work alongside staff to meet the needs of employees who contact Mission at Home for assistance.
- Follow up on Mission at Home clients to see if they have received assistance or need further assistance.
- Locate resources to add to Mission at Home’s data bank to have available for each part of the area for Goodwill of North Georgia.
- Create Flyers for the resources in each area to share with employees
Qualifications: Experience, Training, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. Have obtained at least junior status in a Bachelor degree program with completion of a minimum of 48 semester credit hours; or be enrolled in Graduate degree program. Currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse populations.
- Confidently communicate with employees that reach out to Mission at Home for assistance.
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Human Services).
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Willingness to research and verify the resources:
- This would involve calling each resource to get specific information about what the employee needs to do for assistance.
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality of any and all documentation.
- Be able to share the Mission at home resource information with the employee and follow up.
About Goodwill of North Georgia
At Goodwill, our mission is a simple one: we put people to work. Every day, thousands of men and women face barriers that make it difficult for them to find work and earn a paycheck to support their families. Sometimes it’s lack of training or education, limited job skills, or a disability. But with the support of donors and shoppers like you, we overcome those barriers. Goodwill gives people the tools they need to find a job which allows them to support themselves and their families.
"We put people to work"
The Goodwill volunteer program supports the mission by:
- Providing the community with opportunities to become part of our mission and serve as ambassadors.
- Matching skills-based volunteers to opportunities within the agency.
- Bringing in individuals who can provide fresh insight and ideas to Goodwill staff and participants.
- Providing staff with experienced professionals who enable Goodwill to focus more on delivering services and business operations.
About Goodwill of North Georgia
2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Decatur, GA 30033, US
The mission of Goodwill of North Georgia is to put people to work.
When you shop and when you donate you support our mission to put people to work. We use your donated goods to help generate funding for our job training programs and employment programs. Last year, we provided services to more than 60,000 people and helped more than 20,000 people to find jobs or start new business.
When you give to Goodwill or shop in our stores, you are helping people who lack education or work experience, those who have disabilities, youth, veterans and others who may be having a hard time finding employment. Together, we put people to work.
We'll work with your schedule.
2201 Lawrenceville HwyDecatur, GA 30033
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 10-30 hours per week, preferred