YMCA THRIVE Program
The Summit County THRIVE Program partners work together to help kids develop and sustain healthy habits during the foundational stages of childhood that are critical to long-term developmental success. Backed by 25 years of research, THRIVE has been proven to launch kids and communities toward healthier lifestyles. If you are looking for an active volunteer opportunity or are passionate about childhood health, this is a great fit for you!
- Serve as a role model
- Create an inviting, inclusive, nurturing learning environment
- Engage children in a structured routine to develop healthy habits
- Conscious discipline breathing techniques
- Warm up, physical activity, cool down
- THRIVE nutrition lesson
- Healthy recipe sampling
- Engage children in other learning opportunities -- crafts, music, art, etc.
- Assist students with reading and encourage a positive attitude toward reading
- Reinforce the importance of school and program attendance
- Complete other tasks as needed to assure an optimal experience
- Have reliable transportation
- Be able to perform essential functions
- Have good communication and relationship-building skills
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
2279 Romig Rd, Akron, OH 44320, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
50 S Main St.LL100Akron, OH 44308
September 7, 2021
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Community Outreach
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training