Participants in "The Better Neighbor Project"
4 people are interested
Starting in January 2020 we will launch a brand new initiative: "The Better Neighbor Project"
Our Better Neighbor volunteers...
- want to be a part of a movement that will inspire change through relationship.
- want to grow personally through their connection to someone living a markedly different life.
- want to apply their own skills and life experience to support a neighbor in achieving the exceptional.
Applying reciprocal support, skills development and peer groups to build-up relational resources for our neighbors in poverty.
Facilitate one-on-one relationships across the economic, cultural and generational divides within Forsyth County.
You will receive development in the form of training designed to equip you for your role
Meet with your assigned 'neighbor' living in poverty once a week for 45 min. for 4 months
Assist your 'neighbor' in achieving 3 goals that will improve their circumstance; provide guidance, support, and encouragement
About Crisis Control Ministry, Inc.
200 East Tenth Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, US
Crisis Control Ministry, Inc., is a Christian-based ministry whose mission is to assist people in crisis to meet essential life needs and to become self-sufficient.
Crisis Control Ministry provides emergency assistance with rent, utilities, food, and free medication.
We'll work with your schedule.
200 East Tenth StreetWinston-Salem, NC 27101
- Crisis Intervention
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 45 minutes per week for an agreed-upon time of 4 months
- Must see this opportunity as a mutually beneficial and reciprocal relationship.