12 people are interested
Volunteers Needed to Help Project Management for Non-Profit Home Repair Program in Thurston County
ORGANIZATION: Rebuilding Together Thurston County
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Skilled Labor Project Manager
Our Mission: Rebuilding Together Thurston County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free home repairs and accessibility modifications for low-income homeowners. We serve low-income homeowners who are elderly, have disabilities, families with children, and veterans in need.
How You Help: You will help us better organize and track our projects that include repairing homes, revitalizing communities, which ultimately helps us rebuild lives.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Outlet to apply existing skills and knowledge, try new ideas and build up your project management, leadership, and administrative skills
- The satisfaction knowing you are helping underprivileged people live safely in their homes
- Valuable experience within the nonprofit and for-profit sectors
- May be able to use this experience towards PM certification
Summary: The project manager (PM) is responsible for facilitating the project by planning the work needed at a home, communicating with the homeowner and volunteer staff, and often helping to complete repairs. You play a pivotal role in helping to keep our volunteers engaged.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects
- Ability to assess the need of the client
- Manage the project
- Be able to work with the home owner
- Able to complete to job according to Rebuilding Thurston County requirements
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Leadership skills
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Ability to discern appropriate actions
- The ability to work with a diverse population and maintain respect for the homeowner and his or her personal property and situation
- Some project management experience and be familiar with technical construction skills.
- 2 or 3 home visits per projects
- Phone calls to suppliers and vendors,
- Shopping trips to acquire necessary materials,
- Consistent communication with Volunteer Staff to keep them engaged in the project and the organization
- Communicating with homeowners who may be elderly and/or disabled and have a difficult time understanding the repair process, so some "hand-holding" is needed.
- One project per quarter
- 10-15 hours per project (although hours may be flexible and change!)
About Rebuilding Together Thurston County
809 Legion Way SE, Suite 306, Olympia, WA 98501, US
Repairing Homes, Revitalizing Communities, Rebuilding Lives
Rebuilding Together Thurston County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free home repairs and handicap modifications for low income homeowners and nonprofit facilities in Thurston County. We serve low income homeowners who are elderly, disabled, families with children, and veterans in need. Rebuilding Together Thurston County was founded in 2003 by the Olympia Remodeler's Council and other volunteers and is part of the Rebuilding Together national organization, with over 130 affiliates across the country.
809 Legion WaySuite 306Olympia, WA 98501
September 17, 2022
- Business Development
- Must be at least 18
- One project per quarter 10-15 hours per project typically although hours may be flexible based on project and volunteer availability.