5 people are interested
Volunteer Manager for Non-Profit Home Repair Program or.... Board Member Opportunity???
5 people are interested
Our Mission: Rebuilding Together Thurston County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free home repairs and accessibility modifications for low-income homeowners. We serve low-income homeowners who are elderly, have disabilities, families with children, and veterans in need.
How You Help: You help us recruit and retain the volunteers that are needed to help with repairing homes, revitalizing communities, and ultimately rebuilding lives.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Outlet to apply existing skills and knowledge, try new ideas and build up your leadership and human resources and administrative skills
- The satisfaction knowing you are helping low-income homeowners who cannot afford essential safety repairs continue to live safely in their homes
- Valuable experience within the nonprofit and for-profit sectors
Summary: Do you love managing people and improving engagement? This may be the
opportunity for you!
The Volunteer Manager will help with recruiting and keeping our volunteers engaged. You will
assist with supervising volunteers, providing direction, recognizing their contributions, keeping
in contact with them and gathering their feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit & Orient new volunteers (Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work)
- Manage Volunteers and improve the volunteer management program
- Keep volunteers engaged through recognition and constant communication
- Act as a single point of contact for communications
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers
- Maintain newsletter
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Calm and professional demeanor
- Human resources experience
- Managing volunteer programs, leading teams and/or organizations
- Basic computer skills
- Keeping our newsletter fresh and engaging
- Reaching out to disengaged volunteers
- Use social media to reach out to volunteers
- Sending 'thank you’ notes
- Manage feedback survey
5-10 hours per week
About Rebuilding Together Thurston County
809 Legion Way SE, Suite 306, Olympia, WA 98501, US
Repairing Homes, Revitalizing Communities, Rebuilding Lives
Rebuilding Together Thurston County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free home repairs and handicap modifications for low income homeowners and nonprofit facilities in Thurston County. We serve low income homeowners who are elderly, disabled, families with children, and veterans in need. Rebuilding Together Thurston County was founded in 2003 by the Olympia Remodeler's Council and other volunteers and is part of the Rebuilding Together national organization, with over 130 affiliates across the country.
809 Legion WaySuite 306Olympia, WA 98501
September 12, 2021
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Market Research / Analysis
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per week, but hours may be flexible!