Events Assistant Coordinator
A Family For Every Child
A Family For Every Child conducts four large fundraising and community events as well as up to 20 smaller fundraising events each year. This is a great opportunity for an individual seeking to learn about fundraising and event coordinating in a non-profit setting! Learn to cultivate sponsors, acquire auction items/vendors, create and distribute marketing materials, email and social media outreach. This position provides an excellent opportunity for individuals to gain marketable job skills or for students to get professional experience while helping us carry out our mission finding a loving forever family for every waiting foster child.
This position is not exclusive to just events; we have multiple programs that will provide a well-rounded experience. From taking a lead role, to assisting with specific elements of an event, there is a place for those who wish to be involved.
Ways to be involved:
* Take a lead role in one of our major events: Princess for a Day, Hero for a Day, Heart of Country Festival or our A Home for the Holidays gala.
* Procuring and collecting donations from local vendors and organizations
* Create and participate in various committee meetings
* Coordinate volunteers day of the event
* Organize and inventory in-kind donations
* Prepping materials utilized for the event
* Assist with set up day of the event, including decorating/organizing, take down, or tasks completed during the event
* Assist with other event specific related activities as they arise
Candidates should be organized, responsible, possess a great attention to detail. Candidates should also have excellent written and verbal communications skills, time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Those who are outgoing and comfortable talking with diverse people and who can share their interest and enthusiasm with others are a plus!
Minimum time commitment:
3 to 6 months
6 to 12 hours per week
About A Family For Every Child
1675 W. 11th Ave., Eugene, OR 97402, US
A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child." Our intention is to develop programs that assist special-needs/challenging-to-place foster children in finding their own Forever Families.
A Family For Every Child, a nonprofit organization, was started by Christy Obie-Barrett and dozens of dedicated and passionate volunteers. In 2006, AFFEC was formed and developed into an organization focused on finding permanent and loving adoptive homes for Oregon's waiting children. We started with our first project called The Heart Gallery in November, 2006, and now we have blossomed into ten incredibly successful programs. None of this could have occurred without the wonderful support from thousands of volunteers, sponsors, in-kind donors, photographers, and many more!