We are looking for a conscientious, detail-oriented Web Developer to assist in the support Vision Literacy’s new website. As part of our marketing team, you will help to make regular updates and add new content to our website. Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Develop and update web pages, including layout, text, adding video, images, graphics and command buttons as needed
- Maintain the website with ongoing random checks to ensure links are working
- Test the website on desktop and mobile platforms (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS) after updates and fix any issues
- Ensure web pages are developed to measure traffic through Google Analytics
- Assist with measuring website performance and suggest how to increase traffic
- Apply SEO tactics to improve visibility and direct new visitors to our website
- 1-2 years of experience in Wordpress and Elementor page builder.
- Ability to edit images
- Working knowledge of PHP is a plus.
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of tools for web development testing such as Google Webmaster, Lighthouse, etc.
- Experience in SEO, Google Analytics and social media marketing
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter
About Vision Literacy
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, 540 Valley Way, Building 4, Milpitas, CA 95035, US
VISION LITERACY Partners Creating Opportunities MISSION STATEMENT: To assist All Bay Area adults, who wish to improve their basic literacy skills, succeed in this goal. Our programs build strong partnerships between learners, volunteers, and other members of the community to advance our vision of a literate society and a better future for everyone.
Vision Literacy is an award-winning nonprofit organization, dedicated to providing free, high-quality classes to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) and life skills to adults. By leveraging the unique resources of Silicon Valley, we empower adults and their families to succeed and thrive. In addition to raising their literacy skills, we encourage learners to pursue personal goals -- from engaging in their children’s education and helping with homework, to finding employment, starting a business, or becoming a citizen. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.