PFLAG Asheville has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to serve as SECRETARY on the Board of the local Asheville chapter of PFLAG, promoting support, education and advocacy for LGBTQ persons and their families. This is a NEW chapter as of 2019 and there are plenty of exciting opportunities for us to make a difference! Individuals with prior administrative/secretarial experience are encouraged to apply.
The SECRETARY shall:
- Prepare the Monthly Meeting Agenda 3 days prior to the Monthly Board Meeting, with input from the President and Treasurer and giving other Board Members at Large the opportunity to have items added to the agenda for discussion. Upload the final Agenda to the shared Google drive and e-mail link to all board members prior to Monthly Meeting. Manage/supply printed copies of the Agenda as needed at the Monthly Meeting.
- Take minutes of all meetings of the Board, recording all action items, new initiatives, responsible parties and due dates for action items; record in Word or Google Docs; upload Meeting Minutes on shared Google drive and e-mail link to all board members within 7 days of the meeting
- Communicate via e-mail with membership database on upcoming meetings and/or other events sponsored by PFLAG
- Add new contact info to PFLAG database (Excel) residing on shared Google drive from individuals wanting to join PFLAG mailing list; track memberships as annual dues are received
- Additional duties as agreed upon relating to efficient communications and community relations
This is a one-year appointment, dependent on being interviewed and voted in by the current Executive Board.
All Board Members shall:
Be required to attend monthly Board meetings the first Tuesday of each month from 6:00pm-7:30pm
Attend monthly public Support Meetings and Special Events as available
Be adept with technology, particularly Word/Google Docs/G-Suite, Excel and E-mail so that we may effectively communicate with each other to carry out our goals
Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with a variety of personalities with respect and dignity, and a smile :)
Have the belief that ALL humans are deserving of love and respect
Contribute ideas as a valued member of our organization and have voting rights in board elections and on board business