Social Media Specialist - Remote
We are seeking a Social Media Specialist to post relevant text, photo and video messages about adult literacy on our social media channels. You will help raise the awareness of Vision Literacy by attracting and interacting with virtual communities and network users. As a member of the marketing team, we will collaborate on how to effectively communicate our mission and the importance of helping adult learners develop competency in English literacy and life skills.
- Write, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, links)
- Develop and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Build meaningful connections and encourage followers to interact with us
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on organization and community policies
- Track and review analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness. using this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Consult and collaborate with the marketing team
- Respond promptly to questions
- Strong familiarity with two or more of these social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
- Be able to meet deadlines and possess a strong sense of responsibility
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative and adaptable
About Vision Literacy
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, 540 Valley Way, Building 4, Milpitas, CA 95035, US
VISION LITERACY Partners Creating Opportunities MISSION STATEMENT: To assist All Bay Area adults, who wish to improve their basic literacy skills, succeed in this goal. Our programs build strong partnerships between learners, volunteers, and other members of the community to advance our vision of a literate society and a better future for everyone.
Vision Literacy is an award-winning nonprofit organization, dedicated to providing free, high-quality classes to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) and life skills to adults. By leveraging the unique resources of Silicon Valley, we empower adults and their families to succeed and thrive. In addition to raising their literacy skills, we encourage learners to pursue personal goals -- from engaging in their children’s education and helping with homework, to finding employment, starting a business, or becoming a citizen. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.