Media Relations Specialist
We are seeking a Media Relations Specialist, preferably in the San Francisco Bay Area, to plan, design and lead our media and public relations campaigns. You will be collaborating with the marketing team to raise the awareness of Vision Literacy and the importance of helping adult learners develop competency in English literacy and life skills.
- Establish collaborative relationships with local and national media contacts
- Develop these relationships through ongoing communications and inviting them to participate in Vision Literacy’s classes, activities and events.
- Maintain a media contact list in our email marketing database
- Create and manage the content of the NEWS section on the website
- Collaborate in the development of a media kit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism. or related field
- Knowledge of principles and methods related to media strategies and tactics
- Ability to assess various situations, determine strategic approach and develop appropriate materials that are inline with media strategy
- Familiarity with media production, communication, dissemination techniques and methods, including ways to inform via written, oral, and visual media
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
- Be able to meet deadlines and possess a strong sense of responsibility
About Vision Literacy
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, 540 Valley Way, Building 4, Milpitas, CA 95035, US
VISION LITERACY Partners Creating Opportunities MISSION STATEMENT: To assist All Bay Area adults, who wish to improve their basic literacy skills, succeed in this goal. Our programs build strong partnerships between learners, volunteers, and other members of the community to advance our vision of a literate society and a better future for everyone.
Vision Literacy is an award-winning nonprofit organization, dedicated to providing free, high-quality classes to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) and life skills to adults. By leveraging the unique resources of Silicon Valley, we empower adults and their families to succeed and thrive. In addition to raising their literacy skills, we encourage learners to pursue personal goals -- from engaging in their children’s education and helping with homework, to finding employment, starting a business, or becoming a citizen. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.