2 people are interested
The San Jose Library Annex is seeking volunteers to run the front desk to check in/out library materials, place holds, answer phones, assist patrons with locating materials and help patrons with the computers. Desk shifts at the Annex are for three hours. Available shifts are available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The Desk Volunteer will be responsible for making families feel at home, cleaning the toys, suggesting picture books, and encouraging book check-outs.
- Interacting with parents and children
- Cleaning baby toys and keeping the area organized during and after the session
- Merchandising (suggesting) picture books to participants
- Encouraging book check-out
- Assisting with self-check machines and computer reservation sign-ups
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to bend down, sit on the floor (with children), clean toys and straighten area
- Enjoy being around family and children and share in the joy of reading
- 10:00 AM to 05:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Copper Queen Library
6 Main St., P O Box 1857, Bisbee, AZ 85603, US
The mission of the Copper Queen Library is to : Build Community Inspire Curiosity Share Ideas Bridge Gaps Embrace Knowledge & Enrich Lives
The Copper Queen Library and San Jose Library Annex serves the residents of Bisbee and the surrounding areas. The Library has been in operation since 1882, making it the oldest, continuously operated public library in the state of Arizona. And in 2019, the Library was awarded the EBSCO Award of Excellence in Rural Library Service by the American Library Association and was named the Best Small Library in America by the Library Journal.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
San Jose Library Annex519 W Melody LaneBisbee, AZ 85603
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Desk shifts at the Annex are for three hours. Available shifts are available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.