Development Committee Member
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
MEDA Development Committee Mission:
The Development Committee supports the creation and implementation of a strategy to meet MEDA’s fundraising goals; ensures that the case for support is strong, current and based on MEDA’s mission and goals; and works with the Board, development staff, and volunteers in achieving MEDA’s fundraising goals of the organization.
Membership of the Development Committee
This committee is comprised of board members, staff and volunteers who have relevant expertise. It is chaired by a board member and staffed by a senior staff member. The Board Chair, in consultation with the Executive Director, appoints its Chair. The Chair in consultation with the Board Chair and the Executive Director appoints the committee’s members. The Chair is responsible for reporting to the Board all of the committee’s plans, activities and accomplishments.
This committee is accountable to the full board.
Roles and Responsibilities (General)
- Ensures that MEDA’s fundraising program is in concert with MEDA’s strategic plan and operational needs
- Reports to the Board on a regular basis to ensure that the Board is well-informed about the development environment and activities; ensures that ALL individual Board members participate in the fundraising program
- Communicates with the Finance Committee about fundraising plans and progress
Roles and Responsibilities (with Executive Director)
- Develops strategies for identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donors
- Brainstorms on new fundraising initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities (with applicable MEDA staff)
- Supports the implementation of all development activities through the establishment and maintenance of event committees
About MULTI-SERVICE EATING DISORDERS ASSOCIATION INC
288 WALNUT ST STE 130, NEWTON, MA 02460, US
Our Mission: To HEAL, EDUCATE and EMPOWER our community to support the people, families and other community members impacted by eating disorders, to stop the spread of eating disorders through educational awareness and early detection, and to promote greater acceptance of all body types. Our Vision: We envision a community without eating disorders that promotes a positive body culture.
We are the foremost eating disorders nonprofit organization in New England. We provide education about eating disorders and their underlying causes to develop a compassionate community that promotes hopefulness and supports healing. We offer a variety of services to support individuals and loved ones through the various stages of their journey. Through our network of Treatment Providers and Treatment Centers we connect clients with the best care for their needs. MEDA is the first step toward awareness and healing.
Our offices are located at 288 Walnut St. Suite 130. in Newtonville.
288 Walnut Street, Suite 130Newton, MA 02460
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- 2 hours a month
- Interest in development. Ability to attend meeting either in person or by phone.