Food Pantry Assistant
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Latinx and other immigrant families are experiencing increase food insecurity due to the increase in anti-immigrant sentiment and proposed policy changes to federal programs like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as SNAP. As a result, Centro was awarded a small grant that expanded our agency's pantry to meet the increased need for access to food. Now, families can shop for food, filling their grocery bags with products they find on our shelving.
- Drive to Food For Lane County to "shop" for food boxes and other canned goods.
- Drive to Centro Latino Americano to drop off food boxes and other canned goods.
- Restock CLA's food pantry.
- Keep pantry organized.
- Basic cleaning duties - sweeping, sanitizing table in pantry, sanitizing refrigerators.
- Need to be able to lift a minimum of 20-25lbs.
- Need to be available from 8am-1030am every Wednesday.
- Need to have own car with license & car insurance (we will take copies of both at the time of completing your volunteer paperwork).
- We are hoping to find a volunteer who can do this on an ongoing basis. Having said this, we understand that schedules change so whatever amount of time you can share with us will be greatly appreciated. Holidays, vacations, out of town days will be accounted for.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Centro Latino Americano
944 W. 5th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401, US
Centro Latino Americano empowers Latino families by providing opportunity and building bridges for a stronger community.
Our vision is a thriving, connected community where all people are valued.
Our agency values are:
Our agency provides wraparound human and social services for Latino families and children, employment advocacy, translation, notarization, and interpreting services. In addition to these services our agency offers various programs to the community including drug & alcohol counseling, mental health counseling, problem gambling counseling, and youth mentoring.
We'll work with your schedule.
944 West 5th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2.5 hours per week, but we can be flexible if volunteer has additional time to give to this volunteer opportunity.
- Bilingual skills not required.