31 people are interested
Walk to End Alzheimer's - Tallahassee Walk Planning Committee
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association, Central & North Florida Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
31 people are interested
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer's disease? Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer's Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer's? Then we need you! Join your local Walk to End Alzheimer's Planning Committee and help grow the movement to end Alzheimer's from the ground up.
Committee members plan each Walk to End Alzheimer's event from the kick-off to the wrap-up. All meetings and events remain virtual for 2021, as of now. Activities of your local committee include the following:
1. Sponsorship: Responsible for recruiting and managing relationships with new and past sponsors
2. Team Recruitment: Responsible for recruiting new teams and helping them get set up for success
3. Team Retention: Responsible for managing relationships with past Walk teams
4. Marketing & Outreach: Responsible for creating awareness of the disease and the Alzheimer's Association through the promotion of Walk to End Alzheimer's
5. AIM-Advocacy: Responsible for recruiting new Alzheimer's Impact Movement (AIM) members and advocates from all sectors of the community
6. Mission: Responsible for organizing activities that focus on the Association's mission at committee meetings, wrap-around events and on Walk day
7. Logistics: Responsible for overseeing day-of-event logistics and volunteers
- Select a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Sponsorship, Team Recruitment, Team Retention, Marketing & Outreach, AIM-Advocacy, Mission or Logistics
- Attend the virtual Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model.
- Participate in Committee meetings virtually. Meetings are held once a month.
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at alz.org/walk , raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create a memorable and moving event experience for participants.
About Alzheimer's Association, Central & North Florida Chapter
325 John Knox Road, Suite C128, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303, US
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 25, 2022
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Members are asked to meet (virtually) once a month. Individual subcommittee assignments may vary in time commitment, but generally about 4 hours per month.
- We ask that you share in our vision of a world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia.