2020 Bank of America's Chicago Marathon
Join our 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon Team to run on October 11th 2020! We appreciate everything that our charity runners do to support our mission and work.
Running with La Casa Norte, not only do you feel amazing for completing the feat of running 26.2 miles but you also know that you are running for a purpose, to house a family in need.
- Fundraising goal of $1250
- Quarter ($313) raised by end of April
- 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon waiver
- 2 Mile on October 11 th 2020
- Advocate to raise awareness of La Casa Norte and our mission
Perks of Team La Casa Norte
- A customizable 18-week training plan with potential connections for weekly group runs
- La Casa Norte Runners Race Day tech tee
- Monthly eNewsletter with resources and marathon updates
- Team Conference Calls to check in
- La Casa Norte Runners Facebook Group to share experiences, tips, and inspiration
- Social events to network and increase support for our team
- Pre-Race Pasta Party to load up on those needed carbs Friday, October 9 th.
- Charity Cheer Station for Friends and Family to join our Cheer Squad on day of race.
About La Casa Norte
3533 W. North Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647, US
La Casa Norte's mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities. La Casa Norte dreams of a world where all people have dignity, communities thrive and everyone belongs.
Based in Chicago's Humboldt Park area, and with programs operating in Logan Square and Back of the Yards, La Casa Norte aims to impact the social problem of homelessness, both at the individual and community levels.
Our Main Office on North Avenue houses our Information and Referral Specialists who are able to direct community members to appropriate resources and referrals. We also have a clothing closet and computer lab open during the week for community members to utilize.
Our Solid Ground Supportive Housing Program provides up to two years of housing for homeless male-identified youth, ages of 16-21. This program allows staff to teach and model the skills needed for youth to maintain stable housing and employment, rebuild their self-esteem, address barriers to stability and prepare them for continuing education.
Casa Corazon, a homeless youth engagement project which works with homeless and high-risk youth, operates in both the Humboldt Park and Back of the Yards communities. The program provides a drop-in center to help youth move towards stable housing, employment, and educational achievement.
We also operate two emergency bed shelters for youth ages 18-24 experiencing homelessness. The two shelters, with 10 beds in Logan Square and 30 beds in Back of the Yards, open daily at 9:00 PM and provide dinner, a bed to sleep in, and breakfast.
Our Logan Square Office houses all of our direct service programs including DCFS, Housing Advocacy, and Case Management, Housing Locator, Rapid ReHousing and Food Security Projects.
Bank of America Chicago MarathonChicagoChicago, IL 60602
- Youth Services
- Fitness Instruction
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- 8 months to fundraise. to help house a family in need. Fundraising goal of $1250 Quarter ($313) raised by end of April 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon waiver 26.2 Mile on October 11th 2020 Advocate to raise awareness of La Casa Norte