Volunteer Care Manager
StandUp for Kids - National Office
STANDUP FOR KIDS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, founded in 1990 to help rescue homeless and at-risk youth. STANDUP FOR KIDS targets homeless and at-risk youths age 25 and younger.
Volunteer Care Manager Duties
- Assist the DOV with volunteer recruitment and recognition activities. Make scheduling calls, respond to inquiries, prepare and set up trainings events, compile materials, write articles for volunteer newsletter, monitor volunteer tour delivery, compile statistics, conduct research, produce reports.
- Assist with monthly street training
- Participate in and successfully complete volunteer training
- Send cards, thank you's and make calls to volunteers
- Plan volunteer recognition event
- Internet Savvy
- Highly organized, detail oriented (ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities)
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of document management tools (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Google Docs, etc.)
- Self-starter approach, with ability to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility as time permits
- Available to work 3-5 hours per week
- Complete minimum 4 hours training
- Submit to a Background Check
About StandUp for Kids - National Office
200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B, Decatur, GA 30030, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.