Little City Foundation Associate Board
The Little City Associate Board works to support the programs and services offered to individuals with disabilities at Little City through fundraising and volunteering while offering its members invaluable networking and leadership opportunities.
The Little City Associate Board is a powerful engagement tool to cultivate the next generation of leaders and supporters of Little City. Together, in collaboration with the Governing Board, Little City will leverage the Associate Board as a gateway to engage talented volunteers, reconnect with alumni, ad raise awareness among a younger generation to ensure the longevity and support of our organization.
Benefits of joining Little City's Associate Board include:
- Opportunities for professional growth and networking
- Mentor relationships are facilitated between governing board and associate board members.
- Biannual mixers or networking events with governing board members.
- Sit in on governing board meetings on a rotating basis, and report on associate board progress.
- Exclusive invitations to Little City’s special events.
- Opportunities to engage with Little City’s programs and experience Little City’s work first hand.
- Educational and professional development presentations at each Associate Board meeting
- Exclusive access to Little City’s business roundtable discussion.
- Rewarding self-fulfillment through volunteer opportunities and contributions to Little City Foundation.
- Associate board member names and titles listed on Little City’s website and relevant marketing materials.
- Greater knowledge and understanding of developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Development of lifelong relationships and friendships!
Learn more at: https://www.littlecity.org/take-action/abboard/
Established in 1959, Little City was founded by a group of parents who dreamed of a unique and revolutionary environment for their children who "experts" often said should be institutionalized. Today, Little City is a vital and vibrant community offering a comprehensive scope of services and amenities to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Our founding principles along with a therapeutic community approach, continue to guide the programs and services for children and adults of all ages, enabling Little City to create hope, change lives and challenge the limits placed on individuals with disabilities.
About Little City
1760 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, US
Little City engages and supports individuals, families and communities to ensure that children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can realize their unique potential to live safely, learn continuously, explore creatively and work productively throughout thier lifetime.
Accredited by the prestigious CARF (Council on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities), Little City provides services for children and adults with disabilities include housing, employment, recreation, foster care, adoption, home-based support, media and studio arts, advocacy, public education and more.