We are seeking a talented Marketing Coordinator who can help promote Vision Literacy’s programs and events. You will work closely with the Marketing Director and be involved with a variety of projects including email marketing and the development of success stories and testimonials about the learners that we teach. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your marketing skills and making a difference to families in the Bay Area. Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Provide editorial support for marketing materials, emails and other content
- Support email marketing campaigns and maintain email database
- Contribute to newsletters with stories and articles
- Manage inventory and assist with the production of marketing collateral
- Attend and help coordinate events, including registration and logistics
- Other marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or a related field
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge and active use of social media
- Self-motivated, collaborative and adaptable with a strong sense of responsibility.
About Vision Literacy
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, 540 Valley Way, Building 4, Milpitas, CA 95035, US
VISION LITERACY Partners Creating Opportunities MISSION STATEMENT: To assist All Bay Area adults, who wish to improve their basic literacy skills, succeed in this goal. Our programs build strong partnerships between learners, volunteers, and other members of the community to advance our vision of a literate society and a better future for everyone.
Vision Literacy is an award-winning nonprofit organization, dedicated to providing free, high-quality classes to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) and life skills to adults. By leveraging the unique resources of Silicon Valley, we empower adults and their families to succeed and thrive. In addition to raising their literacy skills, we encourage learners to pursue personal goals -- from engaging in their children’s education and helping with homework, to finding employment, starting a business, or becoming a citizen. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.