Vision Literacy relies heavily on volunteers who donate their time and talent. To scale up the services and support we provide to adult learners in Santa Clara County, we are seeking a Volunteer Manager to support our growing organization by recruiting volunteers, welcoming them and reporting on the hours they contribute.
- Work with team leaders to post volunteer requirement listings on various portals,
- Respond to all applicants, conduct interviews and refer to appropriate team leader
- Track volunteer flow, keeping team leaders abreast of their open positions
- Develop an onboarding process, using this process to welcome new volunteers to ensure they have the resources they need to get started at Vision Literacy
- Collaborate with team leaders to track volunteer hours on a monthly basis
- Be a resource for all existing and new volunteers, answering questions as needed
- Organize and host volunteer meetings on a periodic basis
- Familiarity with recruiting and working with volunteers, preferably at a nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Highly motivated, self-direction, tact and diplomatic skills
- Clear, courteous and professional manner when working with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
About Vision Literacy
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, 540 Valley Way, Building 4, Milpitas, CA 95035, US
VISION LITERACY Partners Creating Opportunities MISSION STATEMENT: To assist All Bay Area adults, who wish to improve their basic literacy skills, succeed in this goal. Our programs build strong partnerships between learners, volunteers, and other members of the community to advance our vision of a literate society and a better future for everyone.
Vision Literacy is an award-winning nonprofit organization, dedicated to providing free, high-quality classes to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) and life skills to adults. By leveraging the unique resources of Silicon Valley, we empower adults and their families to succeed and thrive. In addition to raising their literacy skills, we encourage learners to pursue personal goals -- from engaging in their children’s education and helping with homework, to finding employment, starting a business, or becoming a citizen. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.