Volunteer Naturalist at Lorrimer Sanctuary
1 person is interested
Use your birding, botany, entomology and people skills to guide walks around the Lorrimer Sanctuary. We currently have the need for walks on Fridays and Saturdays and would like to add walks in the morning, afternoon and evenings. Volunteers will receive some on-site training, but you must be a good birder and/or naturalist to lead these walks.
About New Jersey Audubon Society
11 Hardscrabble Rd., Bernardsville, NJ 07924, US
The New Jersey Audubon Society (New Jersey Audubon) is one of the oldest and largest conservation organizations in New Jersey. New Jersey Audubon helps to habitat and wildlife through New Jersey's forests and farms, coasts and wetlands, and cities and towns. New Jersey Audubon's mission is twofold: connecting people with nature and stewarding the nature of today for the people of tomorrow.
In order to achieve its purpose, New Jersey Audubon, through its Board of Directors, professional staff, members, and volunteers, endeavors to:
- Develop, encourage, and support sound conservation practices, programs, and legislation.
- Disseminate information on the natural environment through education programs, information services, and publications.
- Advance knowledge of New Jersey's flora and fauna, and their relationships to the habitats on which they depend, through field research.
- Acquire, establish, and maintain wildlife sanctuaries and educational centers.
New Jersey Audubon maintains stewardship of 34 sanctuaries and conducts its programs through nine staffed facilities.
We'll work with your schedule.
Lorrimer Nature Center790 Ewing Ave.Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
- Environmental Education
- People Skills
- Orientation or Training
- Each nature walk usually requires 1.5 to 2 hours. It would be useful if the volunteer could commit to volunteering at least once per month or more.
- Volunteers should be good birders (bird watchers) or naturalists and have good people skills.. Knowledge in botany and other aspects of nature is helpful.