7 people are interested
Volunteer Drivers Needed | Get Food to Those in Berkeley Who Need It
ORGANIZATION: BERKELEY FOOD NETWORK
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
The Berkeley Food Network is looking for ongoing volunteer drivers!
Berkeley Food Network (BFN) uses an innovative, community-centered approach to food sourcing and distribution. We need volunteer drivers to help us pick up recovered food, drop and pick-up food with our partners for Mobile Pantries (with the option of staying to support the food pantry), and drop-off and pick-up food from our off-site kitchen. We have two vans, a Mercedes Metris Cargo Van and a Ford Transit 250. Both vehicles have back-up cameras and automatic transition. Some shifts do not require any lifting! We have written descriptions for all driving shifts and staff will ride with volunteers on their first drive. Please fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering to drive to support our work. Driving volunteers must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver's license. Thank you!
1 More opportunity with BERKELEY FOOD NETWORK1 Review
About BERKELEY FOOD NETWORK
1925 Ninth St., BERKELEY, CA 94710, US
To help establish a foundation of good health from which all Berkeley residents can pursue opportunity, the Berkeley Food Network aims to provide an innovative, community-centered network of food sourcing and distribution to alleviate the problems of hunger and poor nutrition in Berkeley.
The Berkeley Food Network (BFN) works to expand food assistance services to food-insecure Berkeley residents. BFN was founded in 2016 to help establish a foundation of good health from which all Berkeley resident can pursue opportunity by providing an innovative, community-centered network of food sourcing and distribution to alleviate the problems of hunger and poor nutrition in Berkeley.
Research shows that 24,000 people living in Berkeley are food insecure, 96% of them housed. Only 22% have access to food assistance programs. Our goal is to ensure that those remaining 18,000 Berkeleyans have regular access to substantial healthy food.
To close the gap between the number of people in Berkeley experiencing food insecurity and available food-assistance services, BFN:
- Provides leadership for a network of 48 member agencies that provide services to food-insecure residents of Berkeley
- Partners with Berkeley service agencies to distribute food to housed food-insecure populations at convenient locations and times through our Mobile Pantry Program.
- Runs a Hub Kitchen Program, converting recovered food into prepared meals.
- Operates a food sourcing and distribution warehouse and on-site food pantry. From the warehouse we operate a robust food recovery program and redistribute our recovered food and food sourced from the Alameda County Community Food Bank to other Berkeley food-assistance organizations. We also run an on-site pantry open long hours.
1925 Ninth St.Berkeley, CA 94710
January 31, 2023
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Opportunities range from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Opportunities available for once a week, two to three times a month, or once a month distributions.
- 18 years or older; valid driver's license.