122 people are interested
Join us in fighting hunger in Berkeley & Albany!
ORGANIZATION: BERKELEY FOOD NETWORK
Please visit the new page to apply.
122 people are interested
Berkeley Food Network seeks to end hunger and poor nutrition by using innovative, community-centered solutions to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable food system. Anchored by our Berkeley warehouse, our sourcing and distribution programs aim to get high-quality, healthy food to people in need. None of this work is possible without the hard work of our amazing volunteers!
BFN offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. You can choose from 2-3 hour shifts working the on-site pantry, packing bags of groceries, sorting produce, processing recovered food, and more. If you like interacting with all kinds of people in a vibrant environment, please join us!
For more information, visit our website: https://berkeleyfoodnetwork.org/events/ or email email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BERKELEY FOOD NETWORK
1925 Ninth St., BERKELEY, CA 94710, US
To help establish a foundation of good health from which all Berkeley residents can pursue opportunity, the Berkeley Food Network aims to provide an innovative, community-centered network of food sourcing and distribution to alleviate the problems of hunger and poor nutrition in Berkeley.
The Berkeley Food Network (BFN) works to expand food assistance services to food-insecure Berkeley residents. BFN was founded in 2016 to help establish a foundation of good health from which all Berkeley resident can pursue opportunity by providing an innovative, community-centered network of food sourcing and distribution to alleviate the problems of hunger and poor nutrition in Berkeley.
Research shows that 24,000 people living in Berkeley are food insecure, 96% of them housed. Only 22% have access to food assistance programs. Our goal is to ensure that those remaining 18,000 Berkeleyans have regular access to substantial healthy food.
To close the gap between the number of people in Berkeley experiencing food insecurity and available food-assistance services, BFN:
- Provides leadership for a network of 48 member agencies that provide services to food-insecure residents of Berkeley
- Partners with Berkeley service agencies to distribute food to housed food-insecure populations at convenient locations and times through our Mobile Pantry Program.
- Runs a Hub Kitchen Program, converting recovered food into prepared meals.
- Operates a food sourcing and distribution warehouse and on-site food pantry. From the warehouse we operate a robust food recovery program and redistribute our recovered food and food sourced from the Alameda County Community Food Bank to other Berkeley food-assistance organizations. We also run an on-site pantry open long hours.
1925 Ninth St.Berkeley, CA 94710
September 14, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Occasional 2-3 hour shifts as fits your schedule, or an ongoing commitment.
- Must be able to provide respectful service to our clients who are from all walks of life. Most shifts involve some lifting.