Tower Grove Park - Horticulture
2 people are interested
How You can Help:
- Perform gardening tasks in the Director’s Residence Garden.
- Weed, prune, plant, bed cleanup, distribute mulch and other garden tasks.
- Work in greenhouse with staff planting plugs, seeds and tropical specimens.
- Perform garden maintenance in the Lily Pond Area, Stupp Center, the Tennis Courts, and the display beds throughout Park.
Days & Times Available:
Monday - Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for any block of time which works for your schedule.
We ask for a three-hour interval if able.
How to Sign Up:
For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or visit our website at https://www.towergrovepark.org/volunteer.
Other Information:Master Gardener Certification is preferred, but we are willing to teach basic gardening skills to volunteers who are eager and open to learn. Tasks will be initially supervised; however, we’d like someone who can work independently.
About THE TOWER GROVE PARK FOUNDATION
4257 Northeast Dr, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110, US
The mission of Tower Grove Park is to be an exemplary, well-preserved and well-presented, wooded Victorian park of international significance that provides important recreational, educational and cultural opportunities for the public in a way that is compatible with its unique and historic character.
Tower Grove Park is a public park and arboretum maintained, operated, and programmed by an independent Board of Commissioners and staff. The Board of Commissioners receive support from private donations, grants, rental fees, the Friends of Tower Grove Park, and the city of St. Louis. The Tower Grove Park staff is the only provider of maintenance for the Park.
Tower Grove Park’s landscape of grassy meadows, approximately seven thousand trees and many varied flowerbeds make the park an important urban green space. The Park is a premier urban and historical destination, and is maintained through an annual park maintenance program, an urban forest renewal program, and an array of free and low-cost educational, recreational, cultural and social opportunities for schools, neighboring communities, and the St. Louis region.
4257 Northeast DriveSt Louis, MO 63110
- Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for any block of time which works for your schedule. We ask for a three-hour interval if able.
- Master Gardener Certification is preferred, but we are willing to teach basic gardening skills to volunteers who are eager and open to learn. Tasks will be initially supervised; however, we’d like someone who can work independently.