Help make the college dream a reality for students at Wellstone International High School!
2 people are interested
After school ACT tutors are needed as part of the Pillsbury United Communities' career and college readiness program offered at the Wellstone International High School (WIHS) in South Minneapolis. WIHS provides an equitable education for English Learners by meeting both academic and social-emotional needs.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Pillsbury United Communities
125 West Broadway Ave, Suite 130, Minneapolis, MN 55411, US
Pillsbury United Communities is one of Minnesota’s most well established organizations, with 140 years of service to diverse communities across the Twin Cities and beyond. Our mission is to co-create enduring change toward a just society in which every person has personal, social, and economic power.
We build systems of interconnected programs and services delivered via neighborhood centers, self-funding social enterprises, and partnerships that work together to address complex issues by breaking down barriers and building pathways for:
- People to achieve greater personal health and wellbeing
- Places to exist where belonging and cultural understanding create social connection
Prosperity to be shared by all through equitable education, employment, and economic opportunities
3328 Elliot Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55406
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tutoring hours are Mondays 3:00-5:00. Tutors do not need to commit to every Monday but should commit to a consistent schedule.
- Bi-lingual tutors are a plus - Oromo, Somali, or Spanish! Volunteers will need to go through brief orientation and may need a background check to work with young people.