7 people are interested
Researcher Working with Immigrants and Refugees
7 people are interested
Researchers assist legal consultants by finding answers to specific policy or process questions, finding forms online, and sometimes making copies or filling out forms for clients. Often, it is helpful for the legal consultant and researcher to put their heads together to find the best way to address clients' concerns. A researcher needs to have their own laptop computer and be comfortable using online database software. The researcher is part of a team of three at the clinic; legal consultant, researcher, and translator. We divide the day into two shifts; 12-2:30 and 2:30-5. The best way to get into volunteering is to visit us for a shift during a Wednesday clinic in Southwest Detroit. After you've gotten a taste of the clinic setting and filled out a volunteer application, we can get you on the schedule for a future date.
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 02:30 PM
- afternoon / 02:30 PM to 04:45 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About SOUTHWEST DETROIT IMMIGRANT AND REFUGEE CENTER
17375 Harper Ave, Suite 24124, Detroit, MI 48224, US
The Southwest Detroit Immigrant and Refugee Center provides free and low-cost legal services to underserved communities in the Detroit area, with a focus on recent immigrants and refugees.
Despite their growing presence in Detroit, immigrants and refugees here have difficulty obtaining affordable legal services, housing, and assistance in establishing businesses. The Southwest Detroit Immigrant and Refugee Center helps meets these needs . . . one family at a time.
We have three core mission priorities:
1. Provide low cost legal services to immigrants and refugees seeking to make a home in the city of Detroit;
2. Offer low-cost housing to immigrants and refugees who have difficulty finding long-term residences in the city of Detroit; and
3. Assist businesses owned by Detroit residents (from disadvantaged communities) unable to find capital due to their inexperience, need for professional support, and/or immigration status.
2826 BagleyDetroit, MI 48216
November 2, 2021
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- We ask that volunteers commit to one shift at one of our clinics for at least 90 days.