Facility Maintenance Volunteer
Overview: Are you handy and good with repairs, painting, building, landscaping, or other similar work? BGCGL is looking for on-call volunteers to help with the upkeep and general maintenance of our facility. Each day the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell provides a safe and fun place for 250-300 youth ages 8-18 to go after school. Join the volunteer team and help keep the facility up to the standards of excellence our youth deserve!
- Perform routine maintenance, and repairs on facilities
- Install, maintain and repair equipment
- Assist with landscape management, including mowing, weeding, and raking
- Assist with painting, and cleaning and related work
- Replace ceiling tiles, floorboards, doorknobs, and other similar maintenance tasks
- Provide ideas and feedback for potential projects
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team
- Proficiency in basic construction and property maintenance
- Able to use standard maintenance equipment such as shovels, drills, hammers, etc.
- Able to work independently, and use good judgment
- Able to lift over 40 lbs
- Reliable transportation
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible based on your availability/schedule Monday- Friday.