6 people are interested
Hospice Visit / Companion Volunteer - Central Indiana
6 people are interested
Intrepid USA Hospice at Home seeks volunteers to sit with patients to provide joyful companionship!
- Must be at least 18 years old and provide your own transportation.
- We service 18 counties in Central Indiana and are especially in need of folks in Marion Co and those counties to the west and south of Indianapolis (Hendricks, Morgan, Johnson, Montgomery, Putnam).
- No experience is needed. We train and orient to the hospice philosophy. Requirements: a warm disposition, a servant's heart and ability to provide a non-judgmental, safe presence for those at end of life.
- Sit with, read to, or cheerfully talk and listen to patients--just about anything that brings a smile is wanted and needed!
- schedule wraps around Flexible your life. You determine your case(s), with as little as a couple hours per month up to 4 hours per week per patient.
About Intrepid USA Hospice
6002 W 62nd Street, Apt. B, Indianapolis, IN 46278, US
Intrepid USA Healthcare Services will provide exceptional, personalized, patient-centered home health, hospice and private duty services and become the healthcare company of choice within the communities we serve. We will ensure every patient is treated with the care, compassion, dignity and respect they deserve and have come to expect.
We have been serving hospice patients and their families throughout the greater Indianapolis area since 2014. Our staff provides specialized care and services dedicated to improving the quality of life of those we serve. A large part of this dedication includes our volunteers, who help us meet our goals by visiting with patients, assisting families by staying with patients while they run errands, attend appointments, etc., or by becoming involved with one of our specialty programs (pet therapy, massage therapy, music therapy, barber/beautician visits, birthday greeters, craft helpers, flower delivery, etc). Become a part of our team today!
6002 W 62nd streetIndianapolis, IN 46278
November 6, 2021
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- You determine your schedule. We request a minimum of a couple of hours per month and a one year commitment if possible.
- Willing to sit for TB testing in our office and separate lab drug testing that you schedule, both at our expense. Hep B vaccination is also available for free (optional).