Sewing Instructor at Queensbridge Tech Lab
1 person is interested
The Queensbridge Tech Lab specializes in 2D & 3D design, multimedia production and emerging technology programs for the residents of New York City. We are looking for a volunteer who is passionate about contemporary fashion and streetwear and would like to facilitate a Fashion Forward Sewing Program at the QB Tech Lab. The Sewing Instructor Volunteer will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining four in-house sewing machines and hand sewing tools.
- Preparing innovative, hands-on sewing projects for the public ages 10 + (these can range from machine sewing, hand sewing, clothing repair, embroidery, knitting, tailoring, patches etc.)
- Lead Introductory Sewing Workshops for the public once a month.
- Facilitate a bi-weekly Open Sewing Hours or Sewing Circles for the public.
- Assisting with other Tech Lab duties as needed
About Queens Library
8911 MERRICK BLVD, JAMAICA, NY 11432, US
The mission of the Queens Library is to provide quality services, resources, and lifelong learning opportunities through books and a variety of other formats to meet the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of its diverse and changing population.
We at Queens Library believe deeply in equity and that libraries are fundamental in empowering people to take charge of their lives, their governments and their communities.
Volunteers lend their talents and time on behalf of others. Ranging in age from 14 to 80, volunteers are a daily inspiration to customers; help deliver great programming and services; and offer the highest quality of attentiveness to the public.
You can make a difference by helping at any one of our 70 locations, located in every Queens neighborhood. You can...
- Help homebound adults, youth, and seniors get books, movies, and music through Mail-a-Book Services
- Read to youngsters whose parents are working or still learning English
- Teach adults job skills and interview techniques
- Help teens strengthen their academic skills and prepare for college as a Homework Helper or Academic Tutor
- Welcome New Americans, helping them learn English and prepare them to become citizens...and more!
Check out all our service opportunities!
Queensbridge Tech Lab10-43 41 AvenueLong Island City, NY 11101
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 14
- Bi-weekly 3 hours a day between the hours of 1:00PM - 7:30PM Volunteer Trainings (as needed): Mondays and Thursdays in January Lead Introductory Sewing Workshops once a month and bi-weekly Open Sewing Hours or Sewing Circles.
- Use this link to apply: https://volunteer.queenslibrary.org/opportunity/a0C1J00000IPDoS