6 people are interested
Virtual Disaster Dispatch Team Volunteer- Forsyth County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Help those in need from the comfort of your own home!
Red Cross is seeking volunteers to be a part of their volunteer dispatch team. Disaster Dispatch Team volutneers receive calls and details from the local Emergency Management Service (911) about local disasters including home fires.
They alert Red Cross’s Disaster Action Team (DAT) who respond to provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. Duty Officers provide support to the DAT team throughout the response. All training is provided by Red Cross.
- Volunteers are on call once a week from 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am. The position is flexible and most volunteer 2-4 shifts a month.
- Must have access to technology and be able to volunteer remotely from home
- Leadership and Communication Skills
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details for DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
All volunteers must complete an online application at redcross.org/volunteer
Want to help your community during COVID-19? Please consider donating blood!
We now face a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this #coronavirus. Make an appointment to help patients counting on lifesaving blood: https://rdcrss.org/2weMYZI
79 More opportunities with American Red Cross
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
690 Coliseum Dr NWWinston-Salem, NC 27106
May 11, 2023
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Administrative Support
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Counseling
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Volunteers are on call once a week from 7am – 7pm or 7pm – 7am. The position is flexible and most volunteer 2-4 shifts a month.