Executive Assistant - In Office or Remote
Business Unit: Office of the CEO
UniversalGiving(r) is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with top-performing, vetted organizations all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. All partner organizations are vetted with our proprietary Quality Model(tm) . UniversalGiving(r) has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg , Oprah.com , CBS , The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. UniversalGiving(r) has been featured in more than 16 books, including the new edition Harvard Business Review Book, HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback , Arianna Huffington’s, Thrive and Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen’s Giving 2.0 . We have also been acknowledged five times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and are highlighted in Huffington Post's list of best volunteering matching websites. We continue to gain momentum, with dozens of articles in the Christian Science Monitor and monthly contributions on Forbes . To date, we have matched more than 20,000 volunteers and $31 million dollars’ worth of volunteer hours.
Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Office of the CEO on day-to-day tasks. You will work with the Lead Office of the CEO, and with proven work, may be asked to work with the CEO. These tasks may include research, transcribing voicemails, updating Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoints, posting regularly on the CEO's social media channels, and updating the Salesforce database for the CEO. This is a critical position assumed by someone who is organized, detail-oriented, well-versed in Excel and Powerpoint and committed to confidentiality.
You must have strong verbal and written skills. Otherwise, please do not apply.
- Input business contacts in Salesforce relationship database
- Update Salesforce contact databases
- Research information on new areas of business
- Assist Development Business Unit by research/input mailing addresses in Salesforce database.
- Voicemail Transcriptions for Blogs and Emails
- Inputting Calendar Entries into Google Calendar
- Social Media Posts
- Creation and update of PowerPoints
- Creation and update of Excel spreadsheets
- Strong Attention To Detail required
- Bachelor's degree -- or equivalent training. We are open to students with strong GPAs and commitment to intellectual rigor.
- Strong Data Entry Salesforce experience
- Must love order and organization
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office; and ability and willingness to learn new tools
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, scan)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Competence with Salesforce, Google Drive, Dropbox; willingness to learn new technologies
- Gain experience at a unique social enterprise that has a global impact
- Increase your understanding of global issues
- Attain benefits in WeWork coworking space, located in the Financial District downtown across from the TransAmerica building, a prime location
- With proven experience and positive attitude, UniversalGiving(r) may facilitate J-1, CPT, OPT visas
Duration and Location
- Minimum one-year commitment, preferably two years.
- Our office is located in the Financial District, San Francisco, in a WeWork coworking space.
- The position is available for part-time employment 10-20 hours per week.
- Candidates can work out of our San Francisco office, in the United States or in countries across the world. We are highly globally focused with team members from more than 20 countries, including Russia, China, Japan, Ukraine, Georgia, the Philippines, Haiti, Germany, Canada, Turkey, Taiwan, the Kurdish population, South Korea, the U.K., Brazil, Burma, Mexico, India, Pakistan.
Email your resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples and a list of three reference s to firstname.lastname@example.org with"Executive Assistant" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
UniversalGiving(r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Follow Us on Social Media:
- UniversalGiving(r) ’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow us on Instagram: @ UniversalGiving
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
655 Montgomery Street, Suite 7-102, San Francisco, CA 94111, US
We envision a world where giving and volunteering is a natural part of everyday life.
UniversalGiving is a social entrepreneurship non-profit that connects donors and volunteers with quality, international organizations through a customized, searchable website. UniversalGiving is unique; it has a Quality Model, a no-cut policy on donations, and the only service targeting both volunteers and donors. UniversalGiving also provides a customized service for corporations who manage international volunteering and giving programs, as well as for investment banks and high net-worth clients interested in strategic philanthropy.