Share your skills with girls in your community!
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Every week Girl Scouts participate in a wide variety of programs, events and activities offered by our council. These can vary on any subject from STEM to cooking classes to starting a butterfly garden. All created to help make every girl's experience in Girl Scouts unforgettable.
We need a team of volunteers who can help us run these programs. Doing things like helping girls complete tasks, set up and take down, maybe even traffic control.
We have 4 locations for this volunteer role:
1. Camp Greene Wood Gathering Place, 3155 71st St, Woodridge, IL 60517
2. Joliet Gathering Place, 1551 Spencer Road, Joliet, IL 60433
3. Merrillville Gathering Place, 8699 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410
4. Vernon Hills Gathering Place, 650 N Lakeview Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
- The time commitment is flexible, and you can participate to whatever level you are able for whichever programs/days/times appeal to you. Specific opportunities and scheduling will be discussed after the application process is complete.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- An informal interview is required for this position
- Training will be provided
- Volunteers must have own transportation to location
- Following the informal interview, volunteers in this role are required to register as members of Girl Scouts ($25/year), and complete a criminal background check. Both are done on-line.
About Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
20 S. Clark St., Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60603, US
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent organization for girls with a current membership of 3.6 million girls and adults. Volunteers use their expertise, skills, interests, and life experience to shape fun and enriching leadership experiences for girls, and inspire them to reach their personal best. Volunteers help council staff facilitate the New Girl Scout Leadership Experience to girls through exciting program opportunities: leadership/self-esteem, financial literacy, travel, health/wellness, science, technology, engineering, and math. Volunteers choose from several flexible Pathways (the ways that girls and adults join Girl Scouting) that fit their lifestyles, including short-term or long-term service working either directly or indirectly with girls, and they can participate regionally, nationally, and internationally.
We'll work with your schedule.
variousSuite 200ChicagoChicago, IL 60603
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Program Management
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible but generally afterschool hours or weekends.
- Girl Scouts membership is required once selected to volunteer