Habitat Office Volunteers
8 people are interested
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is seeking several volunteers to be office volunteers throughout the week. Administrative work involves many of the departments in our office; including, Development, Volunteers, Homeowner Services and Construction. We are looking for volunteers that can commit to at least one day a week at our office for a morning or afternoon shift. Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM. We will provide onsite orientation to more about Habitat and to all the ways volunteers can assist each department.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answer and return phone calls (as needed)
- Input data in our volunteer database
- Newsletters and helping with close out documentation of homes
- Welcome visitors that come in to the office
- Filing documents
- Assist with mailings and thank yous
- Other duties as assigned
- Belief in Habitat for Humanity’s global, mission, principles and structure
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to use excel and word applications of Microsoft office package
About Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity
1901 Roane Street, Richmond, VA 23222, US
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with God's people from all walks of life to build simple, decent, affordable homes and to strengthen neighborhoods.
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing ministry that builds simple, decent affordable homes in partnership with those in need. Families purchase these houses at cost through interest free loans. Richmond Habitat is a non-profit, 501c-3 affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, an organization founded by Millard and Linda Fuller of Americus, Georgia. Currently we build 18 houses a year with the help of generous corporate support and thousands of volunteers. Houses are built in the City of Richmond and the counties of Chesterfield and Henrico.
We'll work with your schedule.
2281 Dabney RdRichmond, VA 23230
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At least once a week for a half day shift.