As a Pet Haven Volunteer Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting Pet Haven volunteers on a regular basis in a variety of areas. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting volunteers and engaging them with the ongoing work of Pet Haven. Scheduling and hosting volunteer orientations, providing email and social media communications, and assisting/leading with special events are the main components of this position. Pet Haven is Minnesota's oldest foster-based animal rescue organization and we rely on volunteers to do the "heavy lifting"- this position will ensure that all volunteers receive the training and recognition they deserve to fulfill our mission to rehome unwanted cats and dogs.Volunteer Coordinator Position
Time Commitment: Approximately 4-6 hours/week
The Volunteer Coordinator should have a love for volunteer management, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with volunteers and organizational supporters. The Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the ED and other lead volunteers at Pet Haven.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers for Pet Haven.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to recruit volunteers and provide support for special events.
- Develops and implements training programs for volunteers.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Coordinate with volunteers to staff special events.
- Communicates social event logistics to volunteers.
- Utilize social media and internal communications to recruit volunteers for social events.
- Monthly volunteer newsletter, Volunteer Match, volunteer database, shirts, recognitions
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Project Management
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours/week