4 people are interested
#911 Disaster Dispatcher (Virtual- Anywhere in Colorado/Wyoming)
4 people are interested
Your local Red Cross team is in need of volunteer disaster dispatchers. In this virtual role, you will dispatch our Disaster Action Teams (DAT) to local disasters, particularly homes fires, ensuring those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. You will also monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies when applicable.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
About American Red Cross - Colorado - Wyoming Region
444 Sherman Street, Denver, CO 80203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Please visit our site to begin an online application:
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- Program Management
- Disaster Response
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four, 12-hour on call shifts per month. Average responses last 2 - 4 hours and could be daytime, evening and/or early morning hours. On call extends to weekends and holidays as well. Reliable phone and internet required.