27 people are interested
Court Mediator - Civil, Family, Probate, Unlawful Detainer, Small Claims
27 people are interested
Position Title: VOLUNTEER COURT MEDIATOR
Inland Fair Housing & Mediation Board (IFHMB) helps people each year with court mediation services. IFHMB is recruiting dedicated volunteers to serve the San Bernardino County Superior Courts in Fontana, San Bernardino, Barstow, Victorville, and Joshua Tree.
As a volunteer mediator with IFHMB, you will get to gain valuable experience while helping our diverse community find peaceful resolutions to conflicts. This unique opportunity will allow you to practice and hone your mediation skills.
- Deliver instructions regarding mediation to litigants
- Perform Civil, Probate, Family, Small Claims & Unlawful Detainer mediations virtually via phone or videoconference (Small Claims cases range from Landlord/Tenant, Consumer/Merchant, Personal Injury/Torts, Real Property to Breach of Contract)
- Exercise neutrality, confidentiality and diplomacy
- Adherence to highest ethical standards
- Effectively work with people in conflict
- Prepare and accurately enter mediation case management data
- For Civil, Probate, and Family cases, applicants must have J.D. and be an active member, in good standing, of the State Bar of California, or a retired Commissioner or Judge
- For Small Claims & Unlawful Detainer cases, a J.D., Paralegal certificate/degree, Masters in Laws, or Masters in Dispute Resolution is required
- A basic mediation training certificate (DRPA-compliant)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Spanish language skills preferred, however, not required
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Andrea Martin, ADR/Legal Services Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About INLAND FAIR HOUSING AND MEDIATION BOARD
1500 S HAVEN AVE STE 100, ONTARIO, CA 91761, US
We are a values-based, dynamic organization expanding our reach by facilitating and promoting the general well-being of people through research, education, advocacy, counseling, and housing.
Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board [IFHMB] is a private non-profit 501cagency that serves as an intermediary to resolve issues related to housing discrimination, homeownership and housing sustainability, rental complaints, and disputes in court, with the goal of empowering individuals and enriching the communities it serves.
Multiple locations Ontario, CA 91761
November 15, 2021
- Legal (General)
- Conflict Resolution
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Any day Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Mondays and Fridays are days of most need; typically daily shifts are 8:00 am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:30pm).
- J.D. and active member, in good standing, of the State Bar of CA. UD/Small Claims-J.D., paralegal certificate/degree, Masters in Laws, or Masters in Dispute Resolution. Cell phone, laptop and high speed internet. Mediation training can be provided.