Delivering More Than a Meal
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with us at Meals on Wheels West! We deliver Meals to those who are home-bound, including seniors, veterans, formerly homeless people and recovering hospital or rehab patients, in Santa Monica, Venice, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey and parts of Malibu. There is Hidden Hunger in even the most affluent of areas. We deliver hot meals and a warm smile to those who are in need Monday through Friday from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. We are often the only people they see all day.
By joining our community to volunteer once a week, once a month, or even once a year you can make a huge difference in the fight against isolation, hunger, and loneliness and help keep people in their homes. Strong relationships are formed and the benefits of volunteering are enormous.
We have a simple 4 step process to becoming a volunteer.
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form
- View the training video
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Complete the easy Background check (we will contact you once step one is completed)
What do we have for our Beloved Volunteers?
- ICloud-based scheduling system with daily/monthly schedule reminders
- Same day text reminders of shift
- All hours tracked for reporting/future use
- Monster Bash Annual Fundraising Party
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- Monthly Volunteer Workshops
- Volunteer Community Garden
- Volunteer Appreciation Station
- Friday Fun Day - Coffee & Donuts
We can tailor the volunteer schedule to meet your needs...
Please feel free to call Maggie Talaiat (310) 394-5133, ext. 3 so that we can go over any questions that you may have.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Meals On Wheels West
1823 A Michigan Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404, US
Meals On Wheels West is a community-based, nonprofit organization. Serving the areas of Santa Monica, Malibu, Pacific Palisades and Topanga. The organization is committed to enhancing wellness by providing quality healthy meals, nutrition education, and coordinating community resources and referrals for their homebound clients. The goal is simple ... to assist neighbors in remaining in their own homes, living with independence and dignity for as long as possible.
We delivers meals on a daily basis to those homebound and/or disabled persons who are unable to shop and cook for themselves.
1823 A Michigan Ave.Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Elder care
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Monday through Friday from 10:30am to 1pm.
- A car is needed to deliver a route individually, but if you do not have a car or are not old enough to drive, then we can partner you up with another volunteer!