JASA Legal Services for the Elderly in Queens Needs Volunteer File Clerks!
9 people are interested
Volunteers are needed to help JASA’s Legal Department stay organized by assisting with clerical tasks.
- Assist with filing & copying
- Additional volunteer duties as assigned
- Handle confidential files securely
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to stand on feet for extended time
- Ability to bend down and reach up with ease
- Flexible scheduling is available with a minimum commitment of one day a week
- Ongoing opportunity
- Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
247 W. 37th Street, 9th Floor, New York City, NY 10018, US
JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. Founded in 1968, JASA is one of New York’s largest and most-trusted agencies serving tens of thousands of older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Day in and day out, JASA provides life sustaining programs for seniors and peace of mind for their families and friends, through:
* Adult Protective Services + Community Guardian
* Advocacy Training
* Affordable Housing
* Caregiver Support
* Case Management + Counseling
* Cultural + Educational Programs
* Elder Abuse Prevention
* Information + Referral Resources
* JASACare Home Care Services
* Legal Assistance
* Mental Health Services
* Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities (NORCs)
* Nutritious Home Delivered Meals
* Senior Centers
* Volunteer Activities
Without the help of our volunteers, over 1,000 strong, JASA simply would not be able to offer the wide range of high-quality services we provide to New York’s seniors. Whatever your interests and talents may be, we have a volunteer opportunity for you. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and all have one thing in common - they love to volunteer!
97-77 Queens BoulevardSuite 600Rego Park, NY 11374
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Minimum committment of once a week. Please contact Blaise McNair at email@example.com for more information.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish, English/ Russian a big plus!