12 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: UMSL - Center for Behavioral Health
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
In the role of Intake Specialist, volunteers will work directly with clients who are seeking mental health services. Intake specialists provide the first point of contact at the Center for Behavioral Health, undertaking extensive intake interviews, making referrals for patient navigation, and ensuring that clients have all of the necessary documentation to proceed with services.
Volunteers will be provided with training so that they:
- Understand the range of difficulties with which clients referred to outpatient psychological services commonly present.
- Understand the different types of evaluations performed by psychologists.
- Can match clients’ presenting concerns with appropriate psychological evaluations or other mental health services.
- Can conduct mental health telephone intake interviews and basic needs assessments with clients.
- Know how and when to make referrals for complementary mental health services.
- Can participate in mental health outreach activities in underserved communities.
2 More opportunities with UMSL - Center for Behavioral Health
About UMSL - Center for Behavioral Health
12837 Flushing Meadows Drive, Suite 220, St. Louis, MO 63131, US
UMSL - Center for Behavioral Health has a three-fold mission: • To provide high quality and affordable outpatient evaluation and psychotherapy services for families throughout the St. Louis region. • To serve as a regional center of excellence and training site for future psychologists, providing training to clinical graduate students, psychology interns, and postdoctoral residents. • To further the research mission of the University by offering faculty and graduate students opportunities to conduct basic and applied research. Our vision is that the effects of mental illness upon individuals and their families should be alleviated through the coordinated provision of evaluation and treatment by psychologists, future psychologists, and other providers, trained in the most effective evidence-based assessment techniques and treatment interventions.
UMSL- Center for Behavioral Health provides much needed psychological evaluations to children and young adults. Our evaluations are provided at no cost to underserved communities across greater St. Louis. In this way, CBH works to ensure that children's mental health conditions are diagnosed as early as possible so they get the treatment they need, regardless of their background and resources.
12837 Flushing Meadows Drive, Suite 220St. LouisSt. Louis, MO 63131
February 7, 2023
- Youth Services
- Mental Health
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week