DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The purchasing associate will research, purchase supplies, fulfill orders, and provide quotes on various genres of items for JAARS use and overseas requests.
There are two positions available.
- Research, evaluate, and collaborate with the purchasing manager on purchases
- Fulfill internal and external orders for various customers as assigned
- Provide price quotes when requested, before purchasing
- Maintain a courteous working relationship with customers and vendors
- Work with vendors on returns and credits
- Answer customer and/or vendor questions about orders
- Maintain records of purchase transactions and delivery arrival information
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- A high school diploma or equivalent, with an A.A. degree in accounting or purchasing preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details
- Understand and respect multicultural management dynamics
- Competent computing skills, including but not limited to, G-Suite and Netsuite software
- Must be able to work in the US
- For a full-time volunteer or a non-paid career staff who raises support
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief--and the vision--that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of full-time missionaries, dedicated volunteers and even a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally, and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
7405 JAARS RoadWaxhaw, NC 28173
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Up to 40 hours