Volunteer Social Group Facilitator- Cherry
Little City is dedicated to serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by providing the best options and opportunities to live safely, learn continuously, explore creatively and work productively throughout their lifetime. By inspiring, advocating and pursuing success with passion and purpose, lives are changed through hope, happiness, and optimism.
Cherry home, located in Hanover Park, is home to men of varying ages who are working on life skills and independence.
Current Volunteer Needs:
☐ Social Group (Game night, popcorn and movie, etc)
- Training, orientation, and background check completed prior to first 10 volunteer hours completed.
- Prior experience working with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
- A project/activity plan will be created by volunteer and Volunteer Services
- Minimum age is 21
- Minimum of a 6 month commitment to location and its population. This is crucial to the continuity and routine of our participants.
Available Time Slots:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday| 4:00pm- 7:00pm Saturday | 10am-7pm
Interviews/Orientation will be held 9am-12pm and 3pm-6pm every second and fourth Monday each month to fulfill these positions for ongoing volunteerism.
About Little City
1760 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, US
Little City engages and supports individuals, families and communities to ensure that children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can realize their unique potential to live safely, learn continuously, explore creatively and work productively throughout thier lifetime.
Accredited by the prestigious CARF (Council on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities), Little City provides services for children and adults with disabilities include housing, employment, recreation, foster care, adoption, home-based support, media and studio arts, advocacy, public education and more.
2025 Cherry AveHanover Park, IL 60133
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity. Volunteer can establish a regular schedule with the home that would work for everyone's calendar.