DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
High School Students
ORGANIZATION: WONDERS OF WILDLIFE NATIONAL MUSEUM AND AQUARIUM
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
High School Volunteer
High School Volunteers interact with guests all over the aquarium and museum. This program allows high school students to learn about conservation, animals, habitats from around the world, public speaking, and teamwork. This program is a great way to build a resume or add to a college application.
What we need:
Be among the first to greet our guests with a cheerful smile as you welcome them to the largest, most immersive fish and wildlife attraction in the world. Assist guests by providing genuine Ozarks hospitality and legendary service as you help them locate needed facilities and amenities as you engage them in conversation to build excitement for the adventure that awaits just around the corner!
What you may do:
Guest engagement guides are stationed at exhibits throughout the aquarium to provide information on the species and habitats showcased. As a volunteer, you will be provided with information that will help you inform our visitors about the mysteries of the deep by presenting fascinating facts, asking thoughtful questions, and telling exciting stories. This is a vital part of our mission, as it provides our visitors with a deeper understanding and connection to the living world.
- Provide guests with educational and engaging information about the habitat, animals, and conservation messages within each gallery.
- Assist guests at aquarium touch experiences (stingray touch and invertebrate touch).
- Assist guests with information to make their experience world-class.
- Opportunities to assist with special events and related activities
How this will help us:
This role helps Wonders of Wildlife extend our reach and goal to educate people of all ages through an authentic, educational, and fun celebration of wildlife conservation.
How this will help you:
Volunteers are able to explore their passions and discover new interests through versatile trainings on conservation, various exhibits, a variety of animals and much more! WOW volunteers also have many first-hand opportunities for unique experiences, retail and ticket benefits, and are celebrated during regular team member events.
Skills & Experience:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Comfortable and confident speaking with the public
- Excited to share information on animals, upcoming events, and conservation efforts
- On-going gallery and exhibit trainings offered to build skills and confidence
- Passionate about WOW's mission to celebrate hunters, anglers, and stewards of the land
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the day
- Weekly shifts preferred; Volunteers must maintain an active status consisting of 6 shifts per quarter (3 consecutive months)
- Volunteers self-schedule using the Better Impact app with daily opportunities to fit your busy lifestyle
- Mandatory orientation offered once a month; days of the week vary by month
Fun Fact about the Department:
Volunteers logged over 25,000 hours of service in 2021.
Volunteer Services Contact Info:
About WONDERS OF WILDLIFE NATIONAL MUSEUM AND AQUARIUM
500 W SUNSHINE ST, SPRINGFIELD, MO 65807, US
To celebrate those that hunt, fish, and act as stewards of the land and water.
Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium educates the public on the importance of hunting and fishing to conservation. As a volunteer, you can inform our guests about the mysteries of the deep by presenting fascinating facts about our 1.5 million gallon aquarium or share the secrets of the wild by educating our guests on the history of conservation in our fully immersive 4-D wildlife galleries. Free training classes are provided- join our team today!
500 W. Sunshine St.Springfield, MO 65807
October 16, 2023
- Environmental Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Aquarium Maintenance
- Environmental Science
- Orientation or Training
- Typically 20 hours per semester